1. SCHOOL SCHEDULES
- GREECE 7 hours per day- 35 hours per week
- ITALY 6/7 hours per day- 32 per week
- POLAND 6/7 hours per day- 30/32 hours per week
- PORTUGAL 3/4:30 per day- Or 6 hours per day
- TURKEY 8 hours per day- 40 hours per week
2. SCHOOL FACILITIES
- GREECE There’s a canteen, a well-equipped gym and a science lab
- ITALY It's comfortable and modern.- there are many laboratories but there is no canteen
- POLAND comfortable- IT classes (classroom has internet access), canteen, - 2 gyms, swimming pool
- PORTUGAL Medium comfort and conditions, Labs, Canteen, Library, 2 gyms
- TURKEY Our school is quite modern and well equipped. It has physics, biology and chemistry laboratories; an indoor facility, separate classrooms for art and music lessons and a library. It has also a canteen and a dining room.
3. EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
- GREECE Football, basketball, volleyball, table tennis , handball, drama club , environmental club
- ITALY volleyball, tennis-table, football, drama
- POLAND dance classroom, art Club, sports club, science club, drama club, classes for students having learning difficulties etc.
- PORTUGAL Gymnastics, archery, volleyball, basketball, football, school newspaper, dance workshops, drama, volunteer work, arts.
- Sports: Football, volleyball, basketball, table tennis, cycling, etc
- Arts and Music: Various activities in art and music clubs
- Chess: We have a chess team attending to competitions
- Debate: We have a debating team attending to tournaments
- Other Clubs i.e. Science & Technology, Environment, Aviation, Philosophy, Librarianship, Culture & Literature, Social Aid
- Projects (National and European)
4. METHODS/ MATERIALS
- GREECE Computers, power points presentations, books, group work, white boards, interactive boards, projectors in all classes
- ITALY Front lesson, group work. We use textbook, computers, interactive boards, Projectors in all classrooms
- POLAND We’re visiting museums, watching films and performance, lectures and workshops (business, law, ecology, education-career)
- PORTUGAL PowerPoint presentations, textbooks, lectures, group work, project work, lots of homework ,blackboards, a few computers
- TURKEY There are both white boards and interactive boards in all classes. All materials i.e. textbooks, computers and boards are used in lessons.
5. STUDENTS WITH LEARNING DIFFICULTIES
- GREECE Students with learning difficulties are examined orally but there is actually no provision for their needs.
- ITALY We haven't any extra lessons for students- With learning difficulties but we have support teachers for them
- POLAND We have special classes for students with dyslexia and dysgraphia. They help students to catch up in their lessons.
- PORTUGAL Adapted contents and evaluation tools if necessary..
- TURKEY We don't have any students with learning difficulties. We have individual education programs for the students having intelligence.
6. SCHOOL ATTENDANCE
- GREECE Students come to school regularly because teachers constantly monitor students.
- ITALY 10% fail or leave school before the 5th year.
- POLAND Students come to school regularly because teachers constantly monitor students.
- PORTUGAL Usually students attend all classes. However, some of them miss a lot and eventually drop out
- TURKEY Students fail for 30 days lack of attendance in one education year. Students come to school regularly because teachers constantly monitor students.
7. ASSESSMENT SYSTEM
- GREECE Written and oral tests. Exams at the end of each year
- ITALY Written and oral tests. National Exam at the end of the fifth year
- POLAND We do some tests and group work.
- PORTUGAL written and oral tests: Test at the end primary school- test at the end lower secondary school- test at the end upper secondary education
- TURKEY Min two exams, two grades of performance work, and a project work in the lessons that the students choose (either individually or in a group) are all added to calculate the average grade.
8. ATMOSPHERE AT SCHOOL AMONG STUDENTS AND TEACHERS
- GREECE Friendly- Students feel like home
- ITALY It depends on the situations and on the relationship among students and their teachers.
- POLAND In our school atmosphere is very friendly and nice because we have good teachers and classmates
- PORTUGAL It depends, usually we have a nice environment, but some groups are a bit problematic.
- TURKEY The atmosphere in our school is very friendly and nice. We have good students and qualified teachers.
9. FAMILIES’ PARTICIPATION IN SCHOOL LIFE
- GREECE Parents don’t really get involved with school. They just come to school to get the students’ reports twice a year.
- ITALY Our families don't take part in school life, their participation is just at meetings.
- POLAND Parents usually participate in school life. They are always present at school performances.
- PORTUGAL There’s still a significant number of parents who don’t participate in school life.
- TURKEY Some of our families take part in school life. Some of the families’ participation in school life is just at meetings which take place 2-3 times in one education year. Some are present at school performances. However, significant number of families doesn’t attend any of them.